July 12, 2019

Centre issued a fresh bid document for strategic disinvestment in Pawan Hans.


  • The government holds 51 per cent stake in Pawan Hans, which has a fleet of 43 helicopters. The remaining 49 per cent stake is with Oil and Natural gas Corporation (ONGC). 

  • This is the third time in last 16 months; the government has sought to attract a buyer for Pawan Hans, which is estimated to have posted the loss to the tune of 72.42 crore rupees in the previous fiscal. 

  • The last date for submission of Expression of Interest (EoI) is 22nd August and intimation to the short-listed bidder is 12th